Friday, January 8, 2010

How Can I Keep My Skin Healthy During This Winter Season?

Not only is it this time of the year, but I am on the high-school swim team and swim in a chlorinated pool for an hour and a half, six days a week. My skin gets extremely dry, even though I moisturize my skin every day. Do you have any advice, maybe some time of lotion I could use to soothe my irritated skin? I really appreciate your help!|||Just take regular baths. Use lotion. But I would suggest you always take a bath.|||Lotion utterly smooth is good stuff|||I used to use a prescription from the doctor called %26quot;Lackhydron%26quot; or something like that. Thats how you say it , I think the spelling MAY be off though. Anyway they sell it now over - the - counter but it now has a slightly newer name. Something like %26quot;Lack... %26quot; and a number after it. It is sold at my local drugstore I noticed recently. Ask a pharmacist if they know. It lasts a long time. You only need a little bit, your skin will suck it right in , and you would never know you were wearing lotion at all. It works so well and is SO soothing. You could try Eucerin cream at night , it is greasy and heavy but great too. And Neutrogena ointment on chapped hands.|||Make sure to always wash the chlorine off after your done swimming. Use a mild moisturizing soap like Dove, all over your face and body when you shower. Use a body lotion after each shower and face lotion also. I recommend Aveno everyday moisturizing lotion with Natural Oatmeal. It%26#039;s a tan tube with an olive green cap. It is the best moisturizer ive ever used, it%26#039;s frangrance free and will keep your skin feeling moist for hours.|||Hair conditioner. Just only a small amount would help. But the vitamins in hair condition, even though it%26#039;s for hair, there%26#039;s alot of vitamins and extracts in it, so it would help.|||Neutragena facial lotion works best for me. It%26#039;s very moisturizing but not oily.|||Vaseline|||stay indoors|||Hi there, I%26#039;m a swimmer too!





I have dry and sensitive skin. Currently, I%26#039;m using Eucerin body lotion and I think it works for me. You might want to give it a try. Vaseline Intensive care is not a bad choice too.





Try to use soap free or mild products (i.e. Dove) when washing, bath oils are great.





Lastly, drink pails of water everyday!





=)|||get some nutragena body lotion and use it every day after your shower. just pat dry, leave some water on your body and then seal the moisture in with the lotion. my dermatologist told this to me and it works. you can also use it just before bedtime for a second time.|||Yes,use baby oil in your bath water.Excellent results in less than a week.|||Euercin is the best. It%26#039;s recommended by my dermatologist. The perfumed lotions actually dry out your skin because there is alcohol in them. Hope this helps.|||Cocoa Butter TO THE RESCUE! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment