Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I prevent skin from drying out from chlorine water?

I have 2 sons ages 12 and 10 who are both in swimming lessons 3 days a week. It%26#039;s in a inside pool, lots of chlorine and their lesson lasts 75 minutes long. They have extremely smooth delicate skin, but we all know chlorine dries our skin out horribly.





What can I do to prevent their skin from drying out like this?|||Try applying an Aqueous cream before and after swimming.


Also a fresh shower and hair wash helps me.|||i found that E 45 cream is good ..and it is not oily|||Try rubbing emu oil before they go into the pool. It acts as a waterproof barrier and will keep the skin moisturised.|||I have the same problem. My eyes swell up as well.





Water by itself dries out skin, curiously enough. I usually just use aloe vera cream for where it gets sore, mostly my face. But I have heard of emollient (?) cream which skin sufferers rub on before taking a bath. How you get kids to do that is a parental skill I never had to learn.





Also, in the UK our drinking water is treated with either chlorine or ammonia, both salts which damage skin cells. So think about either bottle water or a water filtration system or, like me, give them beer.|||when they shower, use a mild exfoliant once or twice a week, this will help to release the chemicals in the chlorine into the water and away from thier skin.


Following this, while the skin is damp (not wet, not bone dry) use vitamin E45 cream or if you are very rich, elizabeth arden 8 hour cream, this will help keep the skin moisturised. Id advise baby lotion but I doubt they will appeal to this and will hate you for making them smell like a baby.





Rinse after every swim at the pool, but in terms of showering and washing properly, use your own home shower, the ones at gyms have to be ultra safe so the tend to add even more chlorine in the water there.





There are shampoos and conditioners for swimmers, but I dont think any skin care exists for this.





If you have the time, its also worth putting on a thin coating of vaseline or vitamin E before they swik, not so much it makes them sticky, but enough to protect them a little more while swimming.|||Go to ( genniesalve.com ) This stuff is great! And all natural to.Its been helping other people alot.Go check it out, and see for yourself. You wont be sorry. Put it on and you will see a difference very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment