Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How harmful to the eyes/skin is the curing BLUE LIGHT orthodontists use? Is wearing shades enough protection?

Although my child wears the sunglasses the orthodontist gives her, I%26#039;m concerned she may open her eyes in the process. I have read where UV exposure can cause damage to the retina. I don%26#039;t know if this can or has happened in the dental/orthodontal profession? She has more braces to be placed on and I am wondering if I am being overly concerned or not?|||We, assistants, use glasses that are tinted orange when using the curing light. I feel certain that your orthodontist is taking proper precautions and would not do anything that would harm your child%26#039;s eyes|||Honey, your being overly concerned. Seriously, how often can your child possibly be exposed to a curing light?? I look at those lights almost everyday and I haven%26#039;t had any problems with damage to my retina.





Trust me, if me looking at it numerous times a week hasn%26#039;t caused damage, it won%26#039;t hurt your kid if she accidentally opens her eyes.|||I totally agree with you. I never even thought about that. Maybe you should ask the orthodontis about the blue light.

No comments:

Post a Comment