Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What are the signs of skin breakdown after a burn?

I burned my entire right arm and hand yesterday by spilling boiling water on it. I went to the hospital and they said I had second degree burns. Now, under my skin, parts of my arm are blistering and some parts look black and bruised. I am concerned about skin breakdown. Can anyone please help?|||With a first degree burn your skin is red, second degree burns are blistered, third degree burns appear extremely white. After going to an emergency room you are to follow up with your family doctor in the next day or two so the doctor can make sure you are doing okay.


I am guessing that the hospital gave you silvadene, which is a cream most often used for burns. This cream turns gray to dark gray after it has been on your skin for a while and it looks pretty gross. You should very gently wash your burn with warm water and a gentle soap, like Ivory, making sure not to break any of the blisters open. Then apply the cream the hospital gave you and loosely wrap your arm in sterile gauze. Only do that once a day until you visit your doctor. If you are really concerned about the appearance of your burn go back to the emergency room. No one can tell you if you have skin break down without actually looking at the affected area. Sorry I could not give you the answer you were looking for but without seeing it, it isn%26#039;t possible. I have a lot of medical education and also I got burned badly (second and third degree) on my arm when I was 18. I spent 2 weeks in a burn unit in the hospital and then had months of healing at home with nurses coming every day to take care of the burn.|||I suggest you take 4Life Transfer Factor products [Transfer Factor Advanced (children), Transfer Factor Plus (adults) and/or Transfer Factor RioVida (children %26amp; adults) ] manufactured %26amp; marketed by 4Life Reserach LLC, USA has been tested %26amp; found to be highly successful in treating burn cases by raising the immunity levels of people across the world.





I do not know in which location you are but wherever you are try %26amp; find a Distributor of 4Life Transfer Factor products %26amp; start taking it. Will greatly help you.





If you are located in India, you can visit the web site http://www.rmpinfotecmumbai.com for more details|||Blistering is normal for a second degree burn. However black sections of skin could be evidence of a third degree burn which may require additional medical attention from you doctor.





http://firstaid.webmd.com/tc/burns-topic鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment