Monday, April 26, 2010

How do I keep my skin from going dry and flaky throughout the day?

Every morning after i wash my face, I moisturize my face, and then after I moisturize it, I use an Intense moisturizing on the spots that need it. Yet my face still goes dry and flaky throughout the day. How do I prevent that?








-the moisturizer I use is velocity by mary kay, and the intense moisturizing cream that I use is also by mary kay.|||I%26#039;m a Mary Kay consultant and I advise to stop using the Velocity because it%26#039;s the wrong formula for your skin. Talk to your Mary Kay consultant to trade the Velocity for the Timewise cleanser and moisturizer products. There are 2 formulas in the Timewise. You need the one for normal to dry skin tones, it will have a pink slash above the word Timewise. Get the cleanser and moisturizer for normal to dry. Also give back the intense moisturizer because the Timewise products will be all you need. Don%26#039;t get the Timewise products with the purple slash, those are for combination to oily skin tones. Your consultant should trade your Velocity for the Timewise at no charge. You will even have a credit with her due to price differences.





Mary Kay is 100% guaranteed and your consultant should trade you for the right formulas.





By the way, what color is the intense moisturizer you have? Is the moisturizer pink or purple? If it%26#039;s purple, it%26#039;s not the right one for you. It%26#039;s for combination to oily tones.





Also, if you are using Mary Kay%26#039;s liquid foundation, you should be using the one with the pink asterisk on the tube.





If your consultant wishes not to help you, I will be more than happy to assist you and trade your products for the right ones.|||well i have dry skin too i use baby lotian it works great and keeps you mosturized=]]|||umm i tht u can use clean and clear moisturizer or u can also use aloe vera moisturizer frm body shop and apply on ur face..i tht u can apply dainty aloe vera mask frm sg website at 88db and apply on ur skin and moisture...i tht u can also but aloe vera plant and uses the flesh and apply on the skin..i tht u can also use garnier light moisturizer frm watson and apply on the face...|||take the bottles of lotion with you and talk to a dermatoligist. And for chapped lips, drink lots of water and use lip balm afterwards.|||u should ues the aveeno face lotion it works soo good|||use jergens shea butter moisture all day baby.|||back to basics: cleanse, tone and moisturize.





be sure that your cleanser, toner and moisturizer are of the same brand... it should be for extremely dry skin.|||Perhaps you should try seeing a dermatologist and stop the moisturizer you are presently using.|||Rub yourself with olive oil on webcam...that will solve the problem.|||I know lots of people love that brand, but whenever I used their lipstick my lips burned all day and then for two other days. I would suggest trying a different brand first, maybe Avon%26#039;s Moisture 24 or Moisturell brand.|||how bout this?


ditch mary kay!


that%26#039;s not working for you! try nivea or eucerin!


those are better than ANY high quality cream!


good luck!


%26lt;333 CmeChrissy


P.S.- I attached some pictures of the creams i am talking about :]|||Put lotion on it.|||Drinking lots of water during the day helps a ton. I also use a moisturizing face wash in the morning and at bedtime. Then put on a real creasy night cream which you wash off the excess in the morning and should be great all day.





Dry saunas help also.|||There are lots of moisturizers out there. If your current one isn%26#039;t doing what you need it to, you have to check some others out. See what they have for extra dry skin. It%26#039;s either trial and error or seeing a dermatologist.|||I used to have very bad, sensitive, oily but flaky skin, I took a beauty therapy course, because I need to change the way my skin look, I was a beauty therapist and skincare consultant, I look after my skin now I am a completely different person, lots more confidence,hope the following tips are helps.





Remember do not wash your face in the shower, it will drying out your skin, if your skin is dry, avoid to use foaming cleaner, choose products are suit your skin.





Cleanse your face day and night, MUST use toner before moisturize, the best moisture toner is %26quot;SK-II Facial Treatment Essence%26quot;, it a moisture booster, it helps to bring back skin natural 28 days skin renewal cycle, soften your skin, balance PH, hydrate and give your skin healthy glow, it also help products more penetrates into the skin. You can also apply the essence on your eye and lip areas. Then follow by eye cream and moisturizer.





Exfoliate your skin twice a week, it helps to remove dead skin and it helps products more absorb.





Apply hydrating mask once a week after you exfoliate your skin.





Here are some facial tips, you could do it yourself once a week at home, save your money to go to the salons.





1. Cleanse skin


2. Exfoliate, warm compress


3. Gently massage your skin with essential oil (only 2-3 drops) with creams or rose hips oil for about 10 mins


4. Remove oil and apply mask


5. Rinse off mask


6. Apply toner


7. Eye products and moisturizer





Don%26#039;t forget to use sunscreen 30+ if you are going out.|||use amlactin lotion|||I use the same moisturizer too . . . I don%26#039;t think it%26#039;s too great. I like it in the winter . . . but it%26#039;s not good for the summer. You might want to try using some other kind of moisturizer. Try using a toner too right after you clean your face and then the moisturizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment