Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What can I use for skin discloration before applying my makeup on?

I have some skin discoloration where acne used to be. Before I apply my makeup, what product can I use to even out my skin?|||You should apply foundation (e.g. BareMinerals foundation) all over your face and neck, make sure the color matches your skin. Then apply concealer to your eye circles and other trouble spots, and blend well.





There are many places where you could receive help choosing the best foundation and concealer for you including Macy%26#039;s, Bare Escentuals, Ulta, Sephora, etc.





Or





you could get rid of your blemishes and not worry so much about hiding them. Your blemishes aka Hyperpigmentation can be treated with products containing hyrdoquinone (2 to 6%) (which inhibits the production of skin pigment) and will take from 3 months to a year, perhaps even more to fade the blemishes away completely.





The products are usually known as bleaching, fading, or skin lightening creams and they can be bought over the counter or with a prescription, depends on the strength.





You would have to apply it to the spots at least once a day, and always apply a strong SPF sunscreen during the day to ensure that the spots don%26#039;t get darker. Avoid applying the fading cream to the other skin because you don%26#039;t want those parts to get lighter.





Of course you have to make sure to keep using it everyday until the scars are gone or otherwise they will just come back, so patience pays a lot. But as according to the directions, if you don%26#039;t see any results in 3 to 4 months, discontinue. I have been using it on scars for 2 months and I see results.





Some brands are Esoterica and Porcelana (both 2% hydroquinone), they can be found in drug stores. The price range is from 5-12 dollars. I get mine from Wal-mart, so much cheaper. There are stronger products like Dermesse which is 4 percent and has a better formula but can cost you up to 60 bucks and can be found at skin laser centers. And then prescription creams are even more expensive, about $100, but they contain other ingredients like Retin A to help in the process, so it%26#039;s probably worth it.





Another solution is microdermabarasion + chemical peel. Very expensive, may take up to six treatments (6 months), you have to make sure you go to a qualified profession. Perhaps your dermatalogy office provides these services, you might want to check.|||Definitely try Bare Minerals. It covers up skin discolorations very well.|||Maybelle with H2O in it works well for me. I still have acne, and alot of redness in my skin. It hides all of my redness, and I feel alot less anal about my acne with it.|||MAC cosmetics has this green concealer that works wonders.


I love using that when I have a bad break out.|||A dry concealer that will stay put.|||Concealer. Or you can use a fuller coverage foundation just on the spots that you want to cover. Think stick or cream-to-powder foundations.





My personal preference is to put foundation on first and then cover spots second. That way, I don%26#039;t smudge off the concealer while blending in my foundation.|||Try Almay%26#039;s 16 Hour Stay Liquid Concealer. You apply it with a sponge wand and it works great.





If you need some heavy-duty coverage tho, try dermablend cosmetics (can be found at Macy%26#039;s or Ulta), it is a little pricey but well worth the cost.|||If it%26#039;s reddish discoloration, use a greenish concealer.


If it%26#039;s bluish/dark discoloration, use a yellowish concealer.


I use a powder one from LAminerals.com


For a powder, it%26#039;s really creamy, and stays put all day. I follow that with an oil control powder, then mineral foundation.


Works for me!|||i suggest you see Dra. Vicki Belo and associates. i promised you a 101% satisfaction and your blemishes or skin discoloration will forever fade and you will no need of any coverup %26quot;forever%26quot;

No comments:

Post a Comment