Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is there are any home remedies for skin allergies for dogs?

My dog itches a lot after she goes outside. her tummy gets red and she itches a lot. I don%26#039;t want to bathe her after every time I take her out. Is there any home remedies to stop the itching? I have heard of giving her baby bendryl but it just makes her sleepy.|||I have heard of using brewers yeast to help with skin irritation in dogs.... putting it in their food... check with the health food store.|||Sometimes it will get so bad that will have to take her to the vet and get her an allergy shot. I have found Vetalog to be the most effective for mine but every dog is different. Some preventative things that I found that work GREAT with my dog is:


Brewers yeast in her food. takes a while to kick in. about 1-2 weeks to take full effect.


Fish Oil tablets (its great for their skin). It takes a bit to take full effect but has a great outcome.


Bathing her with something that has oatmeal in it and rinsing with Cold water


Cortisone. You can rub that on and it helps with itching. You can get it in a spray, cream, whatever. This is more for immediate relief|||I will tell you this, My dog Taffy was suffering from skin allegies. I checked all over for a way not to spend money


to clear her up. I could not find one solution. So I ended up


taking her to the vets where it cost me money. My best bet


take your dog to the vets. Thats the best thing to do.|||wash her tummy with plain cool water:no shampoo.


Benadryl will help:read the instructions, it is by weight.If your dog is a large breed, it may need 2 tabs.Side effect is sleepiness, that%26#039;s true.It works for me every time, when i get insect bites!|||I rubbed wet oatmeal on my itchy dog once it seemed to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment